LEED® Certified Apartments in Allen
The Lofts at Watters Creek designers and builders have focused on sustainability in all aspects of planning. Even before breaking ground, this community targeted for LEED® certification—
LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is an internationally recognized green building certification system. It was developed in early 2000's by the U.S. Green Building Council to promote sustainable building and development practices. These strict rating codes are established by committees of expert volunteers from a diverse range of building and construction backgrounds. Certifications entail everything from landscape to technical aspects. Here are few interesting facts about The Lofts at Watters Creek and LEED®:
- LEED® promotes a whole building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas: site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality.
- The Lofts at Watters Creek has a highly reflective roof which significantly reduces heat absorption.
- The building also incorporates energy efficient lighting and windows.
- Each home is equipped with energy star certified appliances.
- The fitness center floor is made of recycled tires
- All of the furniture in the resident lounge is made of recycled material and soy based foam cushions.
- The entire facility of Watters Creek including the homes have a created a smoke free environment
- Maintenance and janitorial services adhere to a Green Housekeeping Plan.
- Southern Land Company has a department that focuses specifically on Sustainability.